Friday, May 20, 2005

President Bush at National Catholic Prayer Breakfast: "freedom rests on the self-evident truths about human dignity"

Transcript of Remarks by President Bush at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast

5/20/2005 10:04:00 AM

To: National Desk

Contact: White House Press Office, 202-456-2580

WASHINGTON, May 20 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Following is a transcript of remarks by President Bush at the National Catholic Prayer Breakfast:

Washington Hilton Hotel
Washington, D.C.
8:42 A.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you for that warm reception -- especially for a Methodist. (Laughter and applause.) It's an honor to be here at the 2nd Annual National Catholic Prayer Breakfast. This is a new tradition, yet, its promises are timeless for Catholic Americans: to thank the Lord for the blessing of freedom, to renew our shared dedication to this great republic, and to pray that America uses the gift of freedom to build a culture of life. (Applause.)

I am sorry that Laura is not here. You probably think she's preparing a couple of new one-liners. (Laughter.) But, in fact, she's winging her way to Jordan and Egypt and Israel to spread the freedom agenda. (Applause.) But I know if she were here, she would join me in thanking you and millions of others whom we'll never get to say thanks to in person for the countless prayers. It's an amazing experience to be the President of a nation where strangers from all religions pray for me and Laura. And I will tell you, it gives me such peace of mind, and enables me to do my job much better when I'm lifted up in prayer. Thank you for your prayers. (Applause.)

more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home